Re: Matching Paint Codes, etc

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Matching Paint Codes, etc
From: searle@indigo.ucdavis.edu (Philip A. Searle)
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 16:16:10 -0800
>I'm not saying this is what happened, but it *is* possible!  As for
>commission numbers, I've always understood that they should be
>*exactly* the same, if original.  Being 'close' isn't good enough and
>it's possible the motor was replaced with a comm # which was close,
>later in life (or early).

Commission numbers and engine numbers are different things entirely. On
most Triumphs (TR2-6) the engine number will be slightly higher than the
commission number as some engines were supplied to Morgan (4cyl) or TVR
(6cyl) etc.
If engine # < comm. # then get suspicious

Phil Searle
WWW: http://www-chem.ucdavis.edu/~searle