Re: Re:pulling Trannies (floating crank)

To: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark), joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Subject: Re: Re:pulling Trannies (floating crank)
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 10:36:50 -0700 "Re: Re:pulling Trannies (floating crank)" (May 16, 9:30pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
        When I talked to tech at TRF, They indicated that is was a quite common
        ailment in the LBC.

Generalities, generalities. It's a *very* common problem in the 1500 engine.
It's a less common problem in the TR6/GT6 (which shares the same design). It's
pretty much unheard of in four-cylinder TRs. (I won't go into BMC engines, or
Lotus, or ...)

Please. Let's try to be accurate, OK?

Naggingly yours,
chris

(The right fix is to pin the thrust washers when rebuilding. This isn't hard,
but isn't covered by the factory manuals. A competent machine shop should be
able to do it.)