Preservation and Use

To: triumphs@orion.dnet.mmm.com
Subject: Preservation and Use
From: ccamley@mmm.com (Chris Amley - 3M Co. - St. Paul, MN)
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 12:58:47 -0500
IMHO, the LBC culture needs a variety of viewpoints to stay vital.  It's
wonderful
to see those 99-point concours cars.  They instantly transport me to the time
when they were new.  At the same time people who drive their cars regularly and
enthusiastically keep the cars (and themselves) vital.

Someday there will be only two TR-3's in the world.  I don't expect to see that
day, but when it comes, I hope one is a perfectly restored (or preserved)
beauty,
and the other is serving its original purpose of providing robust, sporting
transport.

Just my $.02 worth.

Chris Amley                             ccamley@mmm.com
TR-3A TS39449L

"Opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of 3M."