Re: Us lepers vs. "Them"

Subject: Re: Us lepers vs. "Them"
From: "Riggs, R. (Kevin)" <rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com>
Date: Fri, 05 May 95 09:24:00 CDT
Encoding: 21 TEXT
I'm glad Jerry Kaidor said:

>    People have all come out for the "lepers", I thought I'd put in a word
> for restoration, just to be fair.

I'm a wanker--the worst type of PO--so I can't stand in judgement of anyone.
 But all you lepers jump up and down, saying, "It's *my* car, I'll paint it
any color I want!".  But then a restorer comes along, pours untold amounts
of time and/or money into his/her car, and you scream, "Phoney!  He/she
doesn't have the true spirit!"

What gives?  Live and let live!  Get your kicks out of restoring it, racing
it, driving it in the rain with the hood down, or parking it on a trailor in
an air-conditioned garage--but just get your kicks on your own, without
tearing someone else down!

Kevin "oh boy, I stepped in it now..." Riggs
'72 TR6
rkriggs@ingr.com
Huntsville, AL