Re: TR3 hub removal

To: RGS03%ALBNYDH2.bitnet@UACSC2.ALBANY.EDU ()
Subject: Re: TR3 hub removal
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Thu, 4 May 95 7:51:00 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> >So what is an M86A tool???? What are my alternatives????
>
> By now you have learned what an M86A is and how to use it.
> Your alternative would be a 4oz. wad of plastique and a suitable
> detonator. Those suckers are on there tight!

Acually Rik's statement isn't that far from the truth.  the M86A hub
puller is a peice of junk.  You usually will strip the threads on the
puller before the hub comes loose.  Use a press and be careful.  It
usually takes between 15 and 20 tons to get the hubs off the axels.  By
the way the hub usually breaks at about 18-19 tons.

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com