Re: Tales of woe

To: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570" <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tales of woe
From: "LARRY E SNYDER" <LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 95 11:40:52 cst
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Rich,

Changing the gearbox in a Spit is really easy. Just remove the seats and
gearbox cover inside the car, put something under the engine to hold it up,
then undo the bolts around the bellhousing. Remove the clutch slave cylinder,
the backup light wires and the speedo cable. You can lift out the tranny
from inside the car. Oops. I forgot to mention disconnecting the propshaft.

I removed the gearbox from my GT6 alone. It should be a bit easier in a
Spit, since you can have the hood folded and have me room to work.

Too bad you can't wait a couple of weeks - I'll be in London May 21. We could
do some international wrenching...

Larry