Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weight of 2.5L TR6 engine?
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Wed, 3 May 95 17:11:14 CDT
>Anyone know how heavy this is?  I'm going to help Ken Streeter move one.
>Could two SOLer's armed with a Lucas antigravity raygun toss one of these
>into a pickup, or should I plan on bringing my engine hoist?

Ooof, I'd give the raygun some fresh dilithium crystals first, but if it's
really Lucas you better bring the hoist anyway. I've seen the number 650
pounds for TR6 engine with trans. I think I paid for 500 pounds freight
when I sent my engine down to Paeco for a rebuild kit. I had to use a hoist
to lift the empty block up to an engine stand, by myself I could barely
budge it.

It makes Mini/Midget engines look pretty good. You can pick up one of those
little pups yourself. In fact, maybe you could get two 120HP Cooper S
engines and put them in the TR.... ;-D (Just to see if Greg's watching.)

--
Gary Schneider, Nicolet Instrument Technologies
phone: 608-276-6172, Fax: 608-273-5061, Internet: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com