TR-3 doglegs

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-3 doglegs
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 May 95 07:54:34 EDT
Rik Schlierer and Andy Mace both made good points about
recovering the doglegs and door cappings of TR-3's.
While I don't know for sure whether they are "supposed" to
be leather or vinyl, I can tell you that mine were
leather and badly needed to be re-done.  The procedure
that I used was essentially what Rik described.  One
thing that helps, though, is to get pigskin and not calf
leather.  The pigskin is much more flexible and stretchy
than the calf skin (and may even be correct, since it
seemed to match what was left of the existing grain
pretty well).  I had done the dash capping years ago
in calf skin and it was an awful chore, but this last time
using the pigskin, the job was really easy.

good luck,
John

rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU