Re: Window channel guides in TR4-6

To: TR4guyinVA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Window channel guides in TR4-6
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 07:59:16 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 30 Apr 1995 TR4guyinVA@aol.com wrote:

> I suppose I could get four new window guides for about $80, but that's money
> that comes from the TR wheel fund.  So, are there any suggestions as to
> fixing these.  Where to get that fuzzy stuff, whether re-rivoting will do or
> should I use some epoxy too?

        Scot,

        If you are absolutelydyedinthewool saving for the Panasports...
        live with the rattle... OTH, it IS possible to repair those
        channels. I did it myself before RF was offering replacement
        parts. There's a place in PA that sells the channels (fuzzy
        stuff already attached). Unfortunately, I'm at work now, and
        the info (if I still have it) is at home. I'll try to dig
        around tonight and see if I can find the catalogue.

        Take care,

        Greg

gpetrola@firefly.prairienet.org                 1962 Triumph TR4
        "That's not a leak... My car is marking it's territory!"
Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois