Re: More triumph

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More triumph
From: Lennart.Broekhof@Holland.Sun.COM (Lennart Broekhof)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 13:54:54 +0200
Goedenmorgen !

I've just bought a Vitesse Mk 1 Convertable.
The car is in a very good shape but i have some questions about the
engine.
It has a 2 liter engine which is tuned to Stage 2, the injection
system from a Triumph 2500 PI, electronic ignition and a 'spaghettie'
manifold for the exhaust.
The car really starts accelerating above the 6000 rpm and the problem
is that i smell burned oil instite at that point.
The engine makes that raw race sound but doesn't seem to have any problems
with those rpm's.
I'll take it easy with the engine because i don't want to kill it but
what i like to know if it is really bad for the engine to drive with
those rpm's while it has been tuned ?
I don't have any experience with tuned engines and i'm trying to find out
where that oil smell is coming from.

An other thing is the exhaust system, it has no silencers.
Don't i need the pressure from a silencer ?
I always thought that an engine needs the counter-pressure.

I hope that one of you, or more, can tell me more.

Thanks in advance,

Lennart Broekhof

lennart@sun.nl