| To: | Tiger Net <Tigers@autox.team.net> |
|---|---|
| Subject: | [Tigers] Hard top corner pads. |
| From: | Stu <sabre2tgr@gmail.com> |
| Date: | Fri, 25 Sep 2026 14:49:43 -0400 |
| Arc-authentication-results: | i=1; mx.google.com; arc=none d=gmail.com; s=20251104; t=1790362210; x=1790967010; darn=autox.team.net; h=content-type:to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:from:to :cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to:content-type; bh=v8LTcljPx7oom+oNSOr8fvmceIouyG6OPhMBzvWfPKM=; b=JhPvstl8PA9tcsKbRGJnCqhW0M455qF2M7WyrWYfTAOcZOr0X4UMqrcOHl6QndJXsI aCFa5a4ThkK+fYlO7HCLh6NQixfhPVpIMtmv0xjCxTwCTe4H6M+ZrPcCjgNhXhDO1TaH NTLQGGsFbp0AJA+9EFUBvU9d/nMtNURaR8Ja++i6SdFjXL0Mjwbo17uW7JWHjvVAyBS4 AVUHbBClNmj9kFWa2AdcTAu2UeqjH61XuKJ8FQdI9XnX7N3Akc7NtgyHBnFIRBq9vgUn 7uMTAqSDGkEOrGi4YJsiF8aLo+edMrRLoSmY5sEK37YPIzX7khyOgR9u+9x3J6gEE9+E 51gQ== d=1e100.net; s=20260707; t=1790362210; x=1790967010; h=content-type:to:subject:message-id:date:from:mime-version:x-gm-gg :x-gm-message-state:from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to :content-type; bh=v8LTcljPx7oom+oNSOr8fvmceIouyG6OPhMBzvWfPKM=; b=MD0F4HG9mB2eaSs+YRnKjBVy4vg6HFOo3P21pvj+Wnd2rLYaHOU1JrYg6OdkpMU7f4 85WuEdhT22OqrxKPBHm+ecKKKZ5Ahq8u1PxeZkPGx54LznJl/40Y/eE1EpKn3CZ+UopR 6Roe9zNIyiJPix/c6y9EhIAWCS8kmHBb1+ShX0a8b+6QpzHdLhuBqI0xCqH04cl/aV+A 95J6/MS2tqNPqXawB8zCs0vF8cCNiOy1dcF/rUTLHP9AC/HX6+EObMR64yE1ErPAj6ul UEgmSY+5m/zPhfrtUSCUIAHgY4zzgHF/Of6aieRBrdDL42YUuvhCnv5pJX7YyUp6Kegx WPaw== hkaxO/h14oC37S4uRvba1uRyV3Ah/DVSw6fuGx382KS3SkuajELKp4hYxawAPFB+gAU+8gPhhUs LMICjSLgU6oOm8OeS0U8SGB7oyusnCY7n7g== XrL/gefoHWVniI+LJwCDTcn9/nw8mLkkbRx28nihBJlRjfgbchdfmnOWc53m48Ta+f8JfRc3oVo f/PfbFvXhQVLYSAvzG/+TYN5EwLUD2C6hHhTdvhDAEYra6Pgh9NwnrptAiYtpRmpYS7G+v4S/Kp 3y+KDpMl84bPnLu4zLicunfbzemTovTqBhkh3+whWJ1DF6mCcMAH2jyINF58xMJ4MaiMwImuror 3h1JncaCHOFMHNOyA6CxYTnBXKQdGHQp6r/ukBlDpX5/GLSSrNpEP/b20AtoAh1QgHsBa/bJ4Kv sDC5QitJDfn+k 98e67ed59e1d1-3a098aaba1dmr5998006a91.59.1790362210348; Fri, 25 Sep 2026 11:50:10 -0700 (PDT) |
| Arc-message-signature: | i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; bh=v8LTcljPx7oom+oNSOr8fvmceIouyG6OPhMBzvWfPKM=; fh=Qr2g4iwW0KmGTIqVTaP+BExBcSViuqbSXfiVfVYGRJo=; b=Z9LaSNXEEIsYM5UH8RPNA3s+LCCMk81TfDIDU4Fi4vxbA3EgT+z8g3mAcgJzjbnEUX pf8eG2HR21P17BF2dL7fw/qkc+iZlv/1xZ38AamLatSwXJqiYwphBVuKpzLm2LDdl4Xl Av4F+4RwK2/R8un0XlyGysucELGhzyZBJbm+AIxL6NLIAsJ+YLvNhQCcswn3Z5GPquye wlDUyHoKakeYYeaWv1mwN1aK9KIaW5n/VgHVNQrk28z+UBrJh5M6fBVZy4E1C6JdpEOy lq+C9iYHugZzyYyAIy7Bxi14kJfhObmgCt5xjK6DsS8FzeA/abghzF+i8SzaiE6sRWGL QbcA==; darn=autox.team.net |
| Arc-seal: | i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1790362210; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20260327; b=ocj6saKaIYk4GF7njQrK+cy1BWxAFrq/pccoJxWNp03dx7E7jXCmQSafZ0CKDUBd41 T+U5jy2nZLYZuoJduz4EMvRY3M1xPh/mBO9LvrH7ha/hp4ctxFWesn+NazBqN1/xkazq Qem7o/VBRT8F5cfdCHZtHTnBcT7J52MaCATbZu3ccr3bIqiZ3PccGprSWdKomAx43bX0 IiNfAv7gyuwXyHc4t4wmjIRldv2x7itzcSDb3W3pUHcACPGpWlPMfqYQuImB2VrN0GfB S9IbVd+eILqdr8p4rz+rJ4jyU6BMt/hyyi554zm2cjh4sTmXI6uem8dSe+C6Vn9STRKW Zg5w== |
| Authentication-results: | autox.team.net; |
| Delivered-to: | mharc@autox.team.net |
| Delivered-to: | Tigers@autox.team.net |
--===============8384347493146804458== --000000000000913161065c532fb1 I'm installing some new rubber on the factory hard top for my series 5 Tiger. The new corner pads (from SS) seem to be exact reproductions of the ones I removed (also probably SS from decades back), position of the screw holes, everything.. But I noticed that if I let the pads sit in a position where the flat bottom of the pads sit fully against the hard top frame, the screw holes do not line up with the screw holes in the frame. They are about half an inch further forward. If I line up the holes, with the pad maybe half an inch toward the rear, the rear of the pad isn't fully seated, and the hardtop would sit a little higher when mounted on the body. Looking carefully at the removed pads, I see the same thing, which might explain why I always had a problem getting those pointy things on the rear of the top to align with the holes in the trunk hinges. I am tempted to redrill the hardtop frame holes to line up with the pad holes, with the pad in what seems to be it's natural position. Has anyone else seen or solved this? Stu Brennan --000000000000913161065c532fb1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:small">I&#= 39;m installing some new rubber on the factory hard top for my series 5 Tig= er.=C2=A0 The new corner pads=C2=A0 (from SS)=C2=A0 seem to be exact reprod= uctions of the ones I removed (also probably SS from decades back), positio= n of the screw holes, everything..=C2=A0 But I noticed that if I let the pa= ds sit in a position where the flat bottom of the pads=C2=A0sit fully again= st the hard top frame, the screw holes do not line up with the=C2=A0screw h= oles in the frame.=C2=A0 They are about half an inch further forward.=C2=A0= If I line up the holes, with the=C2=A0pad=C2=A0maybe half an inch toward t= he rear, the rear of the pad isn't fully seated, and the hardtop would = sit a little higher when mounted on the body.=C2=A0 Looking carefully at th= e removed pads, I see the same thing, which might explain why I always had = a problem getting those pointy things on the rear of the top to align with = the holes in the trunk hinges.</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"f= ont-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-size:s= mall">I am tempted to redrill the hardtop frame holes to line up with the p= ad holes,=C2=A0with the pad in what seems to be it's natural=C2=A0posit= ion.=C2=A0 Has anyone else seen or solved this?</div><div class=3D"gmail_de= fault" style=3D"font-size:small"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" sty= le=3D"font-size:small">Stu Brennan</div></div> --000000000000913161065c532fb1-- --===============8384347493146804458== Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ tigers@autox.team.net Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/mharc@autox.team.net --===============8384347493146804458==-- |
| <Prev in Thread] | Current Thread | [Next in Thread> |
|---|---|---|
| ||
| Previous by Date: | Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 19, Issue 66, Clyde Mclaughlin via Tigers |
|---|---|
| Previous by Thread: | [Tigers] More treasures from the past, Stu |
| Indexes: | [Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists] |