[Tigers] Plug Wires

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Plug Wires
From: Will Seay <Tigers@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 12:22:41 -0400
Feedback-id: dfw:ctl:res:onyx
--===============7249325780251584138==

--000000000000df07be05ca64aa3d

I recently decided to replace my plug wires with a new set that has the
correct OEM markings.  As simple as this process sounds, it turned into a
great adventure for me.  I won't relate all the details of the adventure
but there was a question that arose that I hope someone can answer for me.
The shop manual contains a drawing that shows the correct routing for the
plug wires.  On each side of the engine the wires go through a couple of
wire guides that provide the correct spacing and routing for the wires.  On
the right side the wires are routed in the order 1-2-3-4.  On the left side
the order is 7-5-6-8.  The text in the manual explains that the reason for
this order is to provide separation between the number 7 and 8 wires.
Seven and 8 are adjacent in the firing order and routing their wires in
close parallel as they would be if the routing order were the expected
5-6-7-8, might lead to induced current between 7 and 8 resulting in
misfire.  I routed my wires according to the advice of the shop manual.  My
question is, was the original (factory) order 7-5-6-8 or was it 5-6-7-8?

Will - 382001570
Tigers@embarqmail.com

--000000000000df07be05ca64aa3d

ecently decided to replace my plug wires with a new set that has the correc=
t OEM markings.=C2=A0 As simple as this process sounds, it turned into a gr=
eat adventure for me.=C2=A0 I won&#39;t relate all the details of the adven=
ture but there was a question that arose that I hope someone can answer for=
 me.=C2=A0 The shop manual contains a drawing that shows the correct routin=
g for the plug wires.=C2=A0 On each side of the engine the wires go through=
 a couple of wire guides that provide the correct spacing and routing for t=
he wires.=C2=A0 On the right side the wires are routed in the order 1-2-3-4=
.=C2=A0 On the left side the order is 7-5-6-8.=C2=A0 The text in the manual=
 explains that the reason for this order is to provide separation between t=
he number 7 and 8 wires.=C2=A0 Seven and 8 are adjacent in the firing order=
 and routing their wires in close parallel as they would be if the routing =
order were the expected 5-6-7-8, might lead to induced current between 7 an=
d 8 resulting in misfire.=C2=A0 I routed my wires according to the advice o=
f the shop manual.=C2=A0 My question is, was the original (factory) order 7=
-5-6-8 or was it 5-6-7-8?</div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-s=
class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div dir=3D"lt=
r">Will - 382001570 <br><a href=3D"mailto:Tigers@embarqmail.com"; target=3D"=