Re: [Tigers] 3/8 fuel line

To: "genepadgett@comcast.net" <genepadgett@comcast.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 3/8 fuel line
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:18:40 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
That's a good idea. I cut my 5/16" line to about 3 inches long where it came
off the compression nipple, and then soldered that into a 3/8" line and ran it
the rest of the way.
I eventually found a good tubing bender that would do 3/8" line reliably...
most of the tools out there won't properly do anything near a 90 degree bend
without kinking.

If you're using aluminum line then be really sure that it's supported
everywhere, because any line vibration will cause it to work harden and crack;
and make sure that the supports, if they're steel, are sleeved in rubber so
you don't get electrolytic corrosion of the aluminum against the steel.

Cheers,
Theo

<snip>

> I am running aluminum fuel line since I really do not have the
> equipment to bend up and flare stainless. I also have put the pump in
> the trunk in the Alpine spare wheel well cavity. I am going to be using
> a Holley 125 to feed the 347 motor which is not in the car yet.

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.