Re: [Tigers] Stinkin NPT adapters....@ wits end.

To: "'Samouce's'" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stinkin NPT adapters....@ wits end.
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:48:59 -0400
Duke,

The solution for the temp sending unit is to use a thread insert made by E-Z
Lok.  You can find them at www.ezlok.com.  Their part#  329-10F, is 7/8-9 on the
outside and 5/8-18 on the inside.  I am using the insert on my F4B and you can
hardly tell that the insert is there below the (stock) temp sending unit.  I
actually got my insert for free from E-Z Lok as a sample.  Can't beat that
price.  Installation of the insert requires drilling out the old threads with a
49/64" drill and tapping to 7/8-9.  Your machine shop should be able to do that
for you.  Check out E-Z Lok's other adapters too.  They probably have a solution
for your other adapter problem too.

-Will 382001570