Re: [Tigers] radiator hose sucking shut

To: <Rollright@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] radiator hose sucking shut
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:08:35 -0400
"It continues to run really really hot, even with a  Derale puller fan  and an
electric pusher. Real hot: like 240-250 indicated on a warm day,  slightly
less on a cooler one."

You really need to use a laser temp gauge and find out if your car is reaching
240 - 250.  My car has a 260, original radiator, 4 blade fan, Edelbrock 289
manifold and doesn't overheat in Michigan summer weather.  Today its clody and
cooler and  I took my car on the freeway for a short hop.  The temp went
slightly over 170 on the temp gauge.  I checked it with the laser temp sensor
and it read 177 at the water temp sensor in the manifold. So my gauge seems
accurate.  Check NAPA parts for the laser sensor.  Mine came from there and
cost less than $45.

                                                 Jeff