Re: [Tigers] Lack of Discussion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Lack of Discussion
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:45:49 -0400
   Since  I  apparently  started  this  thread  with  my  comments  about
   environmental lead, I wish to apologize
   for  getting  the list so far off track.  It was not my intent to stir
   up the lurking paranoia and expressions of
   self-interest  on  the part of some but, rather, to express my concern
   about the fact that lead is not a
   friendly  substance.  I was not endorsing the ban on lead weights as I
   think it is probably an over-
   reaction  which a little education could correct.  My attempt at humor
   by referring to brain damage
   in  Washington  was directed at the general population of politicians,
   not just Republicans.  On the
   other  hand,  I  do  object  to  people  labeling  me  and attributing
   motivations and positions to me that
   they  have no possible way of knowing.  I have opinions that may be at
   odds with those of others
   but  that should not subject me and others to attacks for holding such
   opinions.  I do agree that it
   would  be best to not discuss such things in this forum and I will try
   to choose my words more
   carefully  in  the  future  to  avoid  such  excitement.  However, the
   FREEDOM to express ourselves
   should not be something any of us should attempt to stifle.
   Tod
   B382002384LRXFE