Re: [Tigers] Wikipedia

To: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wikipedia
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 14:50:24 -0600
I thought that the Ken Miles Car was the simple feasibility prototype (as
stated) and was prototype #1 (its stated as #2) , and the more complete
prototype done by Shelby's shop was #2 (its stated as #1).

I'm not an expert so I was hoping to get the people who are experts on the
board involved it to insure it is accurate.  Probably could be alot more
info out there as well, as long as it is well referenced it might make a
nice tiger overview, as most people I run into have no idea what a Sunbeam
tiger is, but do know to either Google or Wikipedia something they are
interested in.

As far as who the contributors are on Wikipedia, anyone who is wiling to log
into Wikipedia can update any entry, so it is controlled by community
policing only.  In the past I updated one obscure article on Wikipedia, so I
am not really claiming to be a Wikipedia expert either.  I just know it is
tough to justify a change if you don't have a reference to back it up, and
the change I made was related to personal experience which I couldn't find
records to verify it.

So I choose not to update anything on the tiger article hoping people with
more knowledge than myself would have the best and most complete info.

Steve

I updated the Wikipedia entry on the Tiger a few years ago. Since then
it's been edited further, but I'm not sure who the other contributors
are. What are the factual errors?

Theo

I noticed that Wikipedia now has an article on the Sunbeam tiger.

I noticed what I believe to be several factual errors on the page.
Thought I would see what the consensus of the board was concerning what
SHOULD be written there.

Also, I am not a normal Wikipedia contributor, but I believe they are
big about wanting as many references as possible to back up the facts,
so anyone interested in changing the content would need to make sure to
reference as many sources as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunbeam_Tiger

Steve