LAT4 Oil Pan

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: LAT4 Oil Pan
From: Peter MacDonald <macdonald49@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 23:40:55 -0700
When Murray Cliff in Vancouver had the Tiger/Cobra Valve cover and
Oil Pan patterns, he had a small run of pans made, and quite a few
valve covers( Steve has all the details about this). I recall seeing
him tapping the drain plug holes when I was there one day and he had
some with the Tiger part left off "in case someone wanted one for a
street rod". I don't know why he didn't just get some COBRA ones
done, because the center section was the same for all 3 pans, just
different side plates(Tiger, Cobra roadster-same as Tiger, and GT350
style Cobra(Hammerhead).

Rick at SS, of course, can help you out with your needs.

Bill Maier also had some pans made up. In his 1976/77 catalog, they
appear to be the GT350 style, but without any logo.

Peter