Heat shields & Fuel pumps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Heat shields & Fuel pumps
From: "DAVID GREEN" <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:01:09 -0700
Guys,

When I did the restoration on my Mk1 Tiger "Miss Kitty" I relocated the fuel
pump into the tire well for the safety issue(fire) and vapor lock issue. I
had a drain hole in the well and also made a sheet metal cover with hinges
on it to cover the whole well. Put some soft foam seal on the covers edge.
When the spare is fastened down seals quite nicely. I also have an Optima
battery in the trunk. These batteries will vent if put on a fast charger and
they get hot(not the recommended procedure to charge them) just for some
info to all.

Dave Green & "Miss Kitty" B7492549LRXFE
Tucson, Az.