Re: Tiger overheating problems

To: MSN <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger overheating problems
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:32:18 -0700
Wayne,

The main promogulated advantage of the stainless steel fan blades is
it's ability to "flex".
This is also the reason it makes a lousy air pump.  The blades flatten
out at higher rpm, and pull no air through.  The aluminum fan blades are
stiffer, do not flatten out, and continue to pump air over 30 mph.

This fan's cure makes the disease worse.  If you don't mind trimming the
blade tips a bit, and enlarging the central hole to 1 inch, the Ford
8600 (canadian factory) fan is recommended.  Assuring, of course, that
someone hasn't been dicking around with pulleys, there is plenty of
front clearance, and 25% sticks out the back of  the shroud.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com