Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem

To: Tony Someone <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: stubbie filters/remote syestem
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 18:00:16 -0400
Tony and the Lists.

There are two guys who work really hard for You  and I, and don't get
very much credit.  Mark Olsen, who runs this list and Steve Laifman who
runs the Tigers United site.

Why do I mention them?

Well first, Mark's Site, the one we are on now, has a wonderful
Archives, which is listed at the bottom of every posting.  You can type
in subject matter, name, etc., and you will get previous emails on a
variety of subjects, including remote filters, stubby filters, etc.

Steve's site, Tigers United, has a series of article by various people,
who also cover a variety of subjects, including remote oil filters.

While I happen to have an article on a remote oil filter, that I have
used for over 33 years on two different Tigers, the point is that this
List, is an invaluable source of information, usually with photos to
help you make a decision.

These two resources are invaluable, have been there for years, yet seem
to be forgotten on a very frequent basis.

I have personal knowledge that the authors spend a great deal of time
providing these helpful articles, all of which, are well founded,
proven, and make the Tiger an easier car to live with.

Such issues as overheating, have been covered over and over, and are
listed in these two web sites.

The test done by Tiger Tom, and others on the basics and advanced ways
to eliminate overheating, just plain work.

Yet  the subject comes up, like it is a new issue, over and over.

So, the point is that the resources are there, but you have to let your
fingers do the walking, and you have to read what is already there and
proven.

If you want to bring the subject up again, and don't read these
resources first, the chances of someone who has already been there,
found a solution(s), and reported on it, multiple times, start to
diminish quickly.

I know this to be a fact from some really knowledgeable owners, who just
don't comment anymore.

Larry