Bruiser with hammer

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bruiser with hammer
From: spmdr@juno.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:16:26 -0800
"No sooner than I put the urban myth statement out to this group about
the bruiser in the engine bay and his hammer, I got an email from Bill
Carroll (yes, the very same) confirming that Thrupp & Maberly did indeed
use said bruiser when they were responsible for modifiing early Tigers.
He said that Rootes, and later Chrysler, engineer Royden Axe confirmed
this fact to him. Specifically, the hammer was applied to the
bulkhead(firewall), according to the account in Bill's book, Tiger, An
Exceptional Motorcar."

Anyone who thinks the "bruiser in the engine bay and his hammer"

DID NOT exist does NOT know how the Tiger assembly process happened!

The problem is in the translation of the word "bulkhead."

If you compare  Alpine and Tiger engine compartments, it will
become obvious were the "bruiser" used his hammer!

A Big hammer should be part number 000001 in most tools boxes!

Some people should need a permit to use one!

DW