Re: Stuck Hood (again)

To: Packertl3@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stuck Hood (again)
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:14:27 -0700
Terry,

TigersUnited.com has multi-page article on how to align the pull rod,
tray, catch, hood catch, and hood front hinges.

Gaze through the tips contained in Mailing List Threads", under "Hood
Latch".  While there is a lot of LAT hood information, there I wrote a
fairly  detailed description on how to align your hood latch assembly,
as well as the hood hinges.  It covers the use of "guide" holes in case
you ever have to dismantle anything and want to assure it is aligned on
assembly. Very simple drilling of small guide holes through the layers
of pieces, after the alignment procedure, that allows a simple drill
shank to put the stack in the correct place. The comment is about
halfway down the page, with a picture of the bonnet release mechanism,
with the words "Note:  Pictures are for reference, not Tech Hint
illustration" , if you want to search the page:

http://www.tigersunited.com/tech_threads/tt-body9.asp

Steve (BTDT - Never again)

--
-----