Re: Another Ride Height Question

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Jane & Steve Sage" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Another Ride Height Question
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:28:59 -0700
Steve,
  Since I am in this ride height issue too I did some checking last night.
Basically I sketched out from the lower fulcrim pin pivot going to the
center of the lower ball joint. Then I skeched the spring location and not
knowing exactly where to use as a reference point elected to use the
spring's center. I know that the spindle does not travel exactly straight up
and down,  but for this purpose it can be said to travel "relatively"
straight (vertically).
  Anyway, what I got was that there was an approximate two inch change in
the ride height for everey one inch change in spring height. So a simple
donut failure of about 1/2" can result in 1" of ride height. For  reference
to weight I (all 150 lb's of me) sat on the front of the car and at least
with CAT front springs only saw 1/4" of movement. I don't know if any of
this helps you, but I thought I would pass it on.
Tom Witt B9470101