Re: minor windshield washer problem

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>
Subject: Re: minor windshield washer problem
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:11:08 -0800
Jim,

I just put back the one that was there, so can't help on that, yet!

The method requires the standard English Mechanics genetically inherited
features. An extra elbow in the fore arm, double length fingers with
vice-grip capabilities in Whitworth, metric, and NSF, and rounded hex
heads, and universally rotatable wrists over 1540 degrees in either
direction. :-)

It is not a requirement, but it certainly helps.

As an alternative, you might consider a small electronic shop rubber
grommet (or small fat O-ring) to snug a washer against the cowl back by
gripping the threads.  Anyway, it ought to work.  You could even use
two, as a "lock nut".

My best shot, without machining one from bar stock.  Of course a
micrometer, and thread gauge on the post could give you a more exact
answer.  Finding the part is another story.

Good luck,

Steve

--

Steve Laifman