Tiger oil pan update

To: "Tiger Post" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger oil pan update
From: "Matthew Bouchelle" <CyberControls@ij.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:01:33 -0400
For any of you interested, here is what I have found regarding the LAT Tiger
oil pan availability.

I've contacted various vendors that had listings in their catalog.

Mustangs Unlimited
Cobra Restorers (can still go through the order process on the web but get
someone on the phone and they don't have any in stock)
Tony Branda (had only 1 left 2 years ago when I bought an intake)
Classic Sunbeam (sold last batch recently?)

There was also a place on the web called Blue Thunder and I contacted one of
their distributors that contacted Blue Thunder (they don't sell direct to
the public) and they aren't making any of the Tiger stuff 'cause CAT
reproducted the valve covers which I assume were the big sellers and sold
them much cheaper than what Blue Thunder wanted.

The vendors listed above have similar stories, their manufacturer isn't
going to make them anymore.

However, Rick at Sunbeam Specialties is taking back orders and has the
"original castings".  A pan made from the original casting would be my
preference so this email is to try and gather interest for having a batch
produced.  If you're interested, please contact Rick and back order one!
Maybe if he gets a big enough demand, he'll run another batch.  I think
there is interest for 3 here in FL alone.

Matt
B9472103