Re: Holden Washer Bottle

To: cthompson@rrinc.com
Subject: Re: Holden Washer Bottle
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:54:02 EDT
Maybe I'm dense, but what's the problem with finding
washer bottles?  They were also used on some Alpines
including the basket.  All you are short is the 'L' shaped
bracket that the Tiger used.

IMHO Rootes used different models. Early Tigers had
the Tudor embossed on the side of the bottle.  The
later Tigers had the same bottle but with 'Tudor' painted
on the side. While I have never seen early Tigers with
the blue painted Tudor bottles, I have seen later Tigers
with the embossed bottles.  Almost as if Rootes found
a box of the earlier bottles and used them on the next
group of Tigers.  MK II's had shorter fatter blue painted
bottles though I have seen early MK II's with the tall
blue painted bottle.  Like when I worked at Intl Harvester
engineering changes were made but old stock was used
until exhausted.

I've seen some bottles for sale on eBay that had different
lettering and electric pumps.  I'm sure these never were
used on Tigers.

Dave Johnson B382002668(Blue painted Tudor bottle) Aurora, IL