Heater box ( rat passage found )

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater box ( rat passage found )
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:16:41 -0800
I found the "rat route" into the drivers side extention of the heater box.
There are two ways in (sort of). When the box is viewed behind the kick
panel area it appears closed, but reaching your hand around to the side you
can't see (front, as it relates to the car) and you will find a hole about 2
inches around. It can also be accessed by removing the small upper plate
inside the fender well. I don't know if it was the rats or someone trying to
soak up a water leak, but I pulled out a shop rag and a 12" x 18" hand
towel!!! I checked, but strangely this access does not seem to appear on the
passenger side. If you have ever had rats or mice in your car and can't seem
to get rid of the smell you might just want to check this very obscure area.
Regards, Tom Witt B9470101