Re: Generator

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, <robert.lafebre@js.pentagon.mil>
Subject: Re: Generator
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:08:51 -0500
This is standard auto parts store stuff.  I got brushes and bearings easily
last time I tried.  I even got a whole rebuilt generator out of NAPA in the
summer of 2000.  Well, two of them, actually, after the first croaked after
200 miles.

Be careful with the pulley.  I warped mine when removing it for the first
rebuild, and it made the belt dance around to the point where it wore a hole
in my lower hose.  Replacement pulleys are not easy to find.  I lucked into
one, and even the owner wasn't sure what it came from.

Stu.com