Re: All Greased Up

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "SJC Worldwide" <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: All Greased Up
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:39:43 -0700
Steve wrote: "the shop that replaced the boots did say that they filled them
up with grease".
 Steve the manual calls for 90 wt. gear oil. The same as goes in the rearend
and I would say the transmission as well, but I know you have that 5 speed
and some of them run ATF. If they put in "grease" the viscosity may be the
problem. I was also told when I purchased a new idler wheel for our clothes
dryer that you never use grease where oil is specified. As I understand the
two react over time and get gummed up. I would again carefully word asking
the people who serviced the rack boots (so as not to give anything away)
what it was they used. If they say "grease" (again) then I would think that
that would leave then liable to remedy the situation. Tom