Re: Tiger Transmission

To: "List Tiger" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Transmission
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 23:35:12 -0500
Eric:

Your car, being an early Mk 1, should have a black PVC dash rather than a
gray Alpine dash.  The gray dashes were in the Series I & II Alpines.

As for the Borg Warner transmissions, if you want to trust Bill Carroll's
book, "Tiger, An Exceptional Motorcar," the Borg Warner unit was installed
in the first 56 Tigers, with the Ford Toploader going in starting with unit
number B9470057.  I must admit that I haven't checked TBON with regards to
the Top Loader info so the info I have may be a few numbers off.

Andy Walker
B382001600