It started as a slight miss

To: Tiger List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: It started as a slight miss
From: larry rominger <larrydr1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:20:51 -0500
Listers,

The problem described a few days ago has now been resolved. After
removing and cleaning the carburetor, replacing the coil, and performing
every diagnostic test I knew, I finally found the problem this morning.
I wanted to pass my findings on to the list in case anybody finds
themselves in a similar situation.

As I said earlier, I am running an old Mallory dual point ignition
system. This morning I ran a points resistance test on each set of
points individually and found one set was out of the test parameters. I
more closely examined the points and found that one of the lubricating
wicks had worked its way between the distributor shaft cam and the point
tab which rests on the cam. I removed the wick and the car started and
ran perfectly. This seemed to be an odd incident and I wonder if anyone
else has encountered this. Also, does anyone know if I am creating
another problem by removing the lubricating wicks?

Much thanks to those on the list who responded to my plea for help.

Larry Rominger
B9473280