Re: inquiry 060900d

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 060900d
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 13:41:17 -0700
"Wright, Larry" wrote:

>         Sorry. The Alpine went to the scrapyard nine years ago, less any
> salvageable parts. This'll be for the Garage Queen.

So, you have an electrically controlled overdrive on your Tiger?

>         My T/S lever was on the left when I got it, but probably would have
> moved it there anyhow. I guess, with the O/D on the left, you could operate
> the O/D and the shifter at the same time, get to half-step shifts?

Although most non-users think about an “8 speed” transmission, it really never
works out that way, even with the 3 spd. OD on the ‘41 Studebaker in my MG. 1st
OD is usually like 2nd direct, except unable to accept the torque, 2nd OD is
like 3rd direct, 3rd OD is like 4th direct, so you end up using it only in
high.

It is useful, however, for a quick downshift, if your not busy doing something
else with your hands.

>         On another subject: I cannot hear the T/S flasher at all, and have a
> couple of times left the signal on (ick). Is there a plug-in flasher that's
> louder? And would it let out all the Lucas smoke if I used it? Just a louder
> 'beep' would be fine, not a J C Junk unit that plays "Dixie". :^)
>
>         Larry Wright

Don't know, Larry. They kill themselves trying to make it quieter. Doesn't your
wheel return cancel it? Would accept “Die Valkerie”, instead? Makes it go
faster! {9->

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/