Re: inquiry 042400a

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 042400a
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 09:19:13 -0400
Hi Larry.  I have been informed by several members that the numbers are
going to be just about right.  The hp reading are at the flywheel, and
the car looses from 15-20% going to the rear wheels.

So with the 175 on a stock EFI Mustang, 175 hp at the rear wheel would
be 206-219 hp which is in the ball park of Fords 225 hp.

I feel real good now with this correction, thanks Mike and Bob, because
236 hp at my car's rear wheel is 278-295 hp.  Wow, that really is a lot
for a 2,700 lb car.

With the crate motor, your motto of "I can't get no-- Satis-Traction",
will really become pronounced.

I guess my next question to Mike, Bob and all the other guys with strong
motors is, how do you launch your car, i.e. what rpm, tires, clutch
slippage, etc.  I need to go to school on this part of driving.

Larry, drive by with your car when it's out of Jeff's and we can listen
to stereo Tigers.

Larry