Re: Suspension

To: ritchie@mcn.org, tym@mediaone.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 21:35:24 EST
In a message dated 02/17/2000 4:57:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ritchie@mcn.org writes:

<< I'll give ya my two cents worth on traction masters.  I had them
 on my Mk I and they did not work at all.  They did not stop wheel hop or
 help with traction that I could tell.  In fact they seemed to prevent or
 reduce the proper travel of the rear springs. >>

I find that an interesting comment. Maybe you were running the weld-on type?
The basic TMC design is very old, but works fine with proper installation and
adjustment. The bolt-on type work best. I'm happy with them on my Tiger. I
can hammer it off the mark and at speed and either get two nice even black
streaks on the pavement or hook up with throttle modulation. No comparison
with stock.
I like the torque arm idea much better, just haven't gone there yet. You can
scratch the panhard rod and the traction masters with that set up, as well.
I would also reccomend investing in a set of fresh springs where you know,
absolutely, what your rate is and that it is correct for your intended use. I
made my own springs with Alpine leafs, but wouldn't hesitate to spend the
money on a new set.
Mike