Re: Houston we have a problem

To: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>,
Subject: Re: Houston we have a problem
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:07:10 -0800
Doug,

It looks from Byron's post "[replace] the original ignition with electronic
(MSD billet w/ Chrysler smart box) that he's using an MSD distributor, but
some kind of Chrysler electronics. In any case, just what is meant by
"solid core"? I presume you don't mean the newer spiral wound wire core
plug wires. I think it's pretty hard anymore to find the old style simple
straight wire core plug wires. Also not many non-resistor type plugs
available either. I'm using spiral wound plug wires and resistor plugs with
my MSD-6A ignition system which seems to work just fine.

Bob

At 07:27 AM 2/11/00 -0500, Doug Mallory wrote:
>Are you running solid core plug wires?
>They will not work with with a MSD box. Too much RF.
>
>Doug

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)