RE: Radiator

To: "Dr. T. Y. McDowell" <tym@mediaone.net>, "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Radiator
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:56:37 -0800
Tym,

>From my perspective, a re-core will probably due the job and look most
original.

When I re-cored, I used (at the good suggestion of Steve Laifman,) the
MODINE 4 Row, 14 fins per inch "H" model core.  My radiator shop just put
the original Tiger side tanks on and it looks just fine.  Even more
important, it cools like crazy.  With the Ford six-blade (Canadian) fan that
is very hard to find, the car stays cool even in heavy traffic.

What is really key is that this is a car many on this list said that I would
probably never get cooled down as it is a 260 bored out to a 284.  But,
despite that, I have a 180 degree thermostat in it now and am considering
going up to a 190, because generally, it runs at 180 all the time!  IMHO
that is not warm enough.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373  (favoring re-cores in San Diego)  {gotta quit stealing from Bob
Palmer.......)