Valentine One.

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Valentine One.
From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <daniel.doornbos@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 07:55:53 -0800
If you are going to buy a radar detector buy this one.  I decided I wanted
one two years ago.  Car and driver has rated this detector number one in
every comparison they do.  I think it is worth every penny and wouldn't
consider buying anything that didn't have the features the V-1 has.

As for Laser forget it.  If you get a signal you have been nailed.  Laser
detection is not for warnings but to let you know you have been tagged.

One great feature is the signal counter, tells you how many radar signals
your getting (up to 9).

The second one is the direction arrow for the source.  It has front and rear
radar sensors and uses display arrows to say weather the source is front or
rear, and if it is picking up the same frequencies on the front and rear
sensor it lights up a set of to the side arrows.  This is great when
motoring down the freeway.  Before I had the V1 I would get a minor signal
and slow for several miles even after it went away because I was not sure of
the source.  Now I slow down, see the signal source pass from in front of me
to behind me, know where it was, that it wasn't traffic enforcement and
speed back up.

Only problem is it is so good it can false off of other radar detectors in
other vehicles (they leak, which is why the V1 is the only VG1 (not
detectable) radar).  But picking up other detectors isn't a problem if you
use one of the filter modes.  I only use it at full sensitivity in the wide
open spaces of the south west.

Buy it, don't waste your money on anything else.

dan

An honest endorsement from someone who has had several different radar
detectors.