Re: Sunbeams abused at home

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sunbeams abused at home
From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:31:27 -0400
Listers,

Make certain when shopping for garage doors that you pick one that uses
torsion springs.

When they explode (as mine did a couple of months ago), all of the
broken coils are retained by the shaft running inside.

It's amazing how much energy is stored (and released) when a spring lets
go. I was in the kitchen, next to the garage when it let go and I could
feel it through the floor.

Since I own several vintage british motorbikes as well as my Tiger, I
was worried that they may have toppled over, domino style.  Luckily, no
damage to anything.