Re: New Carb's

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: New Carb's
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 07:41:08 -0700 (PDT)
  Bob Tim and listers,

 Well it turns out I had purchased someone else's returned carburetor, I
 couldn't get it to run correctly on my Tiger. I returned it and they got
 me another one. After tweeking it and changing components it is running
 pretty good. Power valve changed from 6.5 to 4.5, jets changed from #70
 to #64 (all 4) Idle air bleeds are at #76 (#78 is largest in kit=leanest)
 I will probably step down in the air bleeds (richer) as their is a slight
 cruise surge (very small). Off Idle hammer down the thing is very sweet.
 It has a slightly rich smell at Idle, but the big cam is probably the
 reason for that. I haven't taken it out on the freeway yet, I will let
 you all know how it works soon.
 Bill