Re: Line sleeves

To: "Bob Douglas" <b_s_d@hotmail.com>, alpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Line sleeves
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:32:47 -0400
At 3:22 PM -0700 8/14/1999, Bob Douglas wrote:
>Has anyone found a good replacement for the rubber "sleeves" that Rootes
>used around the gas and brake lines where they were clamped to the body?
>They are basically thin wall black rubber tubes that are split down the
>side.  Vacuum line is probably too thick and I don't think flat gasket
>rubber would stay in place well.  I figure there are a bunch of other cars
>that use something similar, so would really appreciate knowing if someone
>has already chased down a good alternative.
>
>Best regards,  Bob Douglas

Bob: That's exactly what I used, vacum hose. Cut a short length, slit one
side and slide it over the line. It worked perfectly. Shop around for the
thinest wall diameter that you can find. It's not that critical because all
the hydraulic lines are are retained by tabs that are bent over the rubber
to retain the line. This allows quite a bit of room for "adjusting"  to the
O.D. size of the rubber tubing holding the brake line in place.