Re: radio installation

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: radio installation
From: "JAN HARDE" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:36:15 -0800
Jim,

It all depends on what kind of radio that is going in there, if an original,
then I would use the LAT radio box.
If after market, then just simply get some plumbers strapping tape, or some
radio hanger straps, then mount on each side in the holes of the radio, snug
up under the dash, and mount to the dash support brackets. It will make a
gorgeous installation, as well as very easy at that.
If you want more sophisticated, you can get a universal metal or plastic
mounting face plate from a stereo store or Radio Shack should have them.
Best of luck, and make sure you put a HUGE amp in the car, as to rise over
the massive exhaust notes of that rumbling V8.... I mounted the amps under
the seats, makes a cool  fit, and they go right under the seat frames..

Warm regards to all....    Jan ....