Re: Oil line routing

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Oil line routing
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:01:37 -0800

DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:

> Please don't butcher your Tiger by drilling holes to mount your
> oil pressure line.  Route your new SS line the way Rootes did.
> Up from the sending unit, through the original oil filter bracket,
> through the small bracket mounted to the front valve cover bolt
> and then to the oil guage.  The CAT SS line make a graceful
> curve thsi way.  By sure the line does not interfere with the carb

Dave,

Just looked at my CAT braided stainless oil pressure sense line, put
in by the PO.  It comes straight out of the block (no extension unit
like a Mustang) and takes a gentle curve just under the expansion
tank and along the inner fender well to the hole in the firewall.  It
is supported by a simple aluminum aircraft type clamp, with a
standard rubber inner band sleeve, bolted to the lower bolt on the
fender of the firewall brace.  Very simple, very stress free, very
accessible.

Now, I am using the Motorsport right angle adapter and the full size
filter, so I don't know if all those hoses of the standard filter
mount would interfere with this simple installation.

Just my set-up and recommendation.  Seemed bending it up and over to
the valve cover was a more radical routing.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >