The Numbers Don't Lie

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Numbers Don't Lie
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:07:39 -0400

     I tried those wheels Al gave me on the Tiger this weekend, and the
     news ain't good.  I'd calculated that they would stick out a lot
     further, and now I know how much "a lot" is.  The outer edge of the
     rim appears to be about 1.5" outside the front fender line.  My
     fenders are unmodified now, but that would not be true after the first
     good bump. After discovering this, I didn't try the rear.  You might
     be able to get away with a really low profile tire, but I'm not into
     "low riders".

     So the wheels are again available.  Same deal as Al, but with more
     info.  If you have a bit more space in your fenders, or maybe have a
     non Tiger application in mind, then come and get them.  They are 13x
     5.5 inch, with a 3 inch backspace.  They are sort of dished, and have
     5 large slots.  They will fit the Tiger bolt pattern, and a slightly
     larger 4 bolt pattern, too.  A local auto parts place had what looked
     like the right nuts and washers, but one of the adapter plates is
     missing (easy to make on a lathe or Bridgeport, or a speed shop might
     be able to track something down).  They look similar to the front
     wheels on the cover of Mike Taylor's book, the original edition (color
     photos).  They aren't perfect, but the price is right ($0, you pick
     them up).

     Stu