Tiger Steering Dimensions???

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger Steering Dimensions???
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 19:13:37 EST
Excuse the double ring if this has been posted already. I have two e-mail
accounts and  I use one for the Alpine list and one for the Tiger list.
******************
Does anyone, on the list, have their Tiger's crossmember out on the floor? If
so, would you mind taking a couple of measurements for me? Estimate/measure
the distance from a line drawn between the lower ball joints and the
centerline of the steering rack and pinion. I guess somewhere between 7 - 10
inches, but I need to know within a half inch or so. Also the distance, or
length, between the rack and pinion joints (ie the ball sockets at the end of
the rack - not the tie rod ends).

So you want to know why, do you? Well, my Tiger is up against the wall in the
gargage with all sorts of stored winter stuff stacked around it. Plus, it is
hard to make the measurements while the cross member is in the car. I am
trying to correct the ackerman angle problem by fabricating new steering arms
and this information is helpful. No, and I am not building a Tiger clone.

Any help would be appreciated!