RE:

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE:
From: Bill Gullatt <mrbillg@real-comps.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 13:44:14 -0600
I applaud you Steve and Jeff for taking their stand. It is about time =
that we the "Alger" owners get recognition for our efforts. I would like =
to hear from all of the self converted Alpine owners. I think we should =
stand up and be counted. I will someday own a Tiger of my own but until =
that time I enjoy my Alpine/Alger. It makes no difference what engine or =
what body modifications we have but if we are enjoying ourselves while =
working on or driving our cars. If I spend $10000 or even $20000 to =
build a car it doesn't matter. If I ever put it up for sale it will be =
sold as 1967 Sunbeam Alpine "FAKE TIGER" or "TIGER COPY". It is sad that =
those of us who have the desire to tackle a big job are lashed at =
because of a few bad apples. I do think a registry of all Sunbeams is =
needed. Not for the sole purpose of whose Tiger is real and whose is =
fake but so we can find out what kind of trends were in production as =
well as new trends in restoration or conversion. I have offered before =
to start a database but have had no response by any individuals who are =
interested in participating. This lack of response stumps me sue to the =
number of people who also think the database is needed.

Bill Gullatt
'67 "Alger"/"FAKE TIGER"/Alpine
(New Serial# ALGER0001)
mrbillg@real-comps.com

Send your info/photos and I will start Alpine/Tiger/Alger database!!