Re: tigers@autox.team.net digest #456 Wed Oct 1 03:05:01 MDT 1997

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tigers@autox.team.net digest #456 Wed Oct 1 03:05:01 MDT 1997
From: paul scheffer <toyrx@geocities.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 12:25:48 +0100
>I stand corrected on two statements , the notice was in "Classic and
>Sportscars" not in 'Thoroughbred & Classic Cars' and the  sale price
>was listed as 3910 pounds, not 3190. I'm not sure what 6,000 GBP
>presents, some type of money conversion?.  What's interesting to
>compare is the restored Tiger MKI that sold for 12,650 pounds.  I
>guess a converted Harrington Tiger is less than a restored MKI.

After checking my magazine last night I have to correct myself and bow
to Jeff. The price was indeed 3910 pounds and it was "converted" 15
years ago. I talked to someone last night who said they had heard the
Tiger was passed in at this price and wasn't actually sold. They also
mentioned that it was at another Brooks auction last year where it got
bidded to ~9,000 Pounds on a estimate of 18,000 (not sold of course).

Paul.