Re: Missing Tiger

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Missing Tiger
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 16:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-04 15:49:01 EDT, laifman@flash.net writes:

<< Ran the Edlbrock 1406 on two Mustangs for years without any problems. If
 you took it apart, does that mean it was a used carburetor, with an
 uncertain past? Are you sure the springs, rods, jets, etc. are as
 recommended by Edelbrock for your application? There are many options
 listed in the catalog for emissions use, economy, performance, marine,
 application, etc. The idle by-pass screws were all I ever touched to
 clean up the idle. I have been told, by those experienced with both
 carbs, that the Edelbrock is smoother in transition all the way up, and
 with one horizontal gasket above the gas level, leak free. I am told,
 however, that it does not have center-pivot floats, so could starve on
 Autocross/racing turning. Otherwise a much better street choice.

Steve,
No, this is a brand new never touched by the hands of man carb.  It ran fine
for a few months, and then developed this rough operation at small throttle
openings.
I took only the top off, and blew out all of the openings in the throttle
throat with air, but to no avail.
I guess that I will have to break down and find a book on this beast.
You are certainly correct about the smoothness of operation when it's running
right!
Ray