Re: Oddity - At least for US listers

To: Brad Fornal <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Oddity - At least for US listers
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:15:07 -0400
Brad Fornal wrote:

> And I understand that, BUT.........
> Didn't is say "Austin Sprite"?
> This one says "Austin Healey Sprite", thus, it is off an earlier car.
> Now, I don't know if the U.K. cars had different badging on the boot,
> than ours.

Somewhere along the line someone reproduced the Austin boot badge but a
mistake was made and it said Austin Healey Sprite.
I have one or 2 of these and they fit the Midget boot holes perfectly.
I had one on PIECES. At the time, back in the 80s, they were selling for
a buck each becaise they were no good for the Austin Sprites.
But a wrong badge is better than no badge.
At least that's what I was told when I first saw them 20 years ago and
bought a few for $1 each.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ