Repost- Prequal to BusterCluster Pt1

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Repost- Prequal to BusterCluster Pt1
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 18:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
I'm told this made it to Bugeye Group, but not
Spridets.  Here ya go, Pt 1 of 3:

Many, including me, have detailed the wonder that was
the Bustercluster this past weekend. My last word(s)
on the event are basically the prequel leading up to
it.

A long time ago in a garage far, far away... Actually,
it was just before Christmas 2005 in a garage in
Anaheim. I was spending a lot of time in California
on business, and I made contact with Buster to meet
for dinner to break the work-drink-not sleep cycle. I
normally drink a beer or 2 a week, during the Cal
trips it was 8 to 15 a night. Not a good sign, and in
need of normalcy. Buster's idea of a good time for us
was to hang out at a 1953 vintage McDonald's at a
Thursday night impromptu car show and looking over the
Bugeye that was trapped in suspended restoration in
his garage. Pretty much my kind of guy.

As Buster has said, my first thought was that his
garage was well-equipped, and with the car as original
as it was, it would be a straightforward assembly job
(body and paint excepted). I mentioned this,
sprinkling the conversation with "Frank could have
this done in 2 days" 4 or 5 times (this was before I
met the relentless dervish of activity and knowledge
that is Glen Byrns, BTW). I very briefly met Pam, as
she was not feeling especially well. She seemed to
brighten up a bit having someone new in the house,
despite the huge black circles under my eyes from a
week of 13 hour work days followed by 5 or 6 hours of
beer. And now my fingers smelled like french fries,
to boot.

Pt 2 coming....

Ron Soave

.